Monday, March 15, 2010

Time to reconnect...

Photobucket

I did it. I started another blog.

To sum up why I need this new project in my life I direct you to one of my favorite poems (found in O magazine).

.
Prayer
By Marie Howe

.
Every day I want to speak with you. And every day something more important calls for my attention -- the drugstore, the beauty products, the luggage


I need to buy for the trip. Even now I can hardly sit here
among the falling piles of paper and clothing, the garbage trucks outside already screeching and banging.


The mystics say you are as close as my own breath. Why do I flee from you?
My days and nights pour through me like complaints and become a story I forgot to tell.


Help me. Even as I write these words I am planning to rise from the chair as soon as I finish this sentence.
.
Love this poem. So sad that it's so true. And in an attempt to combat that feeling of being pulled in every direction but the one I need the very most, I give myself (and any of y’all who want to come along) “Words For This Day”.

.
Words For This Day will be a blog full ‘o inspiration, strength and happiness. Words For This Day will be a mini daily devotional for myself and anyone else who wants to share in my…um…words for this day (compiled from the words of other more brilliant and spectacular people than I of course).

.
Posting everyday will be the hard part, but everyday is what I need so everyday is what I’ll shoot for (not sure about the weekends yet, but we’ll see).

.
Wish me luck.

7 comments:

  1. Yea! Good for you (and the rest of us!) I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I need all the words I can get! I love that poem so true! Im so glad you are fixing that and sharing your words! Cuz Im not so good at that lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see more words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! it will be and is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I'm looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete