Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Shh...

Photobucket

(My finger is ready for St Patty's Day after making green oreos this morning)

They are an honest people; they never speak well of each other.
~ Dr. Samuel Johnson's tribute to the Irish

Which leads us to the age old question,
Which is better, to be honest or to be nice?

I think the ultimate goal for all of us is to get to a point in our lives where we are HONESTLY NICE. Where we learn to have enough love, empathy and compassion for one another that we only focus on the good and let out a big sigh of relief that it is not our place to judge and never was. Whew. Without judgement we are free to HONESTLY LOVE.

How nice.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! I have so much to read!!! And Charly is sitting below me saying mom-mom I am hungry & want.... So I will read all of this soon. I am so excited!
    Man you are SO BEAUTIFUL! Man- you amaze me at your beauty and your Spirit.. You are amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's such a sign of maturity (not neccesarily age) that we can be honestly happy for others. My husband is fabulous at it...I am still trying to mature more and more each day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made green oreos? I'm impressed! I think it is possible to get to the point in our lives where we can be both honest and nice--and it's not about everyone around us changing, it's about changing our own self. I'm still working on that! It's been on my mind a lot lately because one of my daughter's friends has recently been very honest about her view of things and not nice at all--with devastating results for my daughter. And I'm trying to be honest AND nice about the whole thing and teach my daughter to be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like utopia! ANd how exactly do you make green oreos??

    Thank you SO much for all of your kind words on my SITS day. WOW. I was blown away. The support and encouragemnet I received was WAY more than I expected. It was AWESOME!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I tend to be nice at the expense of honesty sometimes! It is a trick to find a way to do both. I have to remind myself that sometimes I'm actually doing someone a favor to be honest, even if it means I tell them something that they don't want to hear! You know, if it will help them in the end? Anyway, I've always loved the "is it kind? is it true?" test of whether to speak what's on my mind...if it's not both, don't say it!

    ReplyDelete