Friday, October 4, 2013

Rise and Walk...

 photo downsize2.jpg

(Problem solved.  Now the baby bun isn't possible)


For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? ~Matthew 7:8-11

When I received my gift of clarity and truth in the temple, this scripture came to my mind.  I marveled at how glorious our Heavenly Father's gifts to us can be.  

Upon returning from the temple I rejoiced in the gift and glowed all day.

But we are living in a fallen world, a world filled with deception, and I on occasion have had to be reminded of my gift.

When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?
Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.~John 5: 6,8

I have come to understand that healing takes place through belief and action.  The scriptures tell us that our faith will make us whole.

Our faith in God's love and our faith in His words will make us whole.  The Lord speaks truth, His promises are sure, but it is up to us to receive that truth.

If the Lord says to me "Rise, take up thy bed, and walk." And I begin to doubt and lean unto the understanding of man, I will fall back down, giving power to my infirmity.

When He asks, "Wilt thou be made whole?"  He is giving me the opportunity to be made whole through His power, but I have to receive it.  I have to accept the gift or it is made void.

The gift I received in the temple has not made me perfect, but it has provided an escape route back to wholeness when I begin to stumble.  When I am drawn into the deception of this world the words of my gift come back to my mind, "You will see yourself only through the eyes of truth.."

And...

I take up my bed and walk.



1 comment:

  1. I like what you said about healing taking place through belief and action. I believe that! I have had a few incredible healing experiences in my life, and they came exactly that way...because I believed things would get better and took action to show I believed. The healing came miraculously and unexpectedly. We always get SOOOO much more than we give. :)

    ReplyDelete